Camarines Sur 3rd district Rep. Gabriel Bordado Jr. (Contributed photo)
Camarines Sur 3rd district Rep. Gabriel Bordado Jr. is prodding concerned agencies to take action after he unwittingly gave away P10,000 to a poser in a call and text scam.
Bordado shared his unsavory experience to House of Representatives reporters on Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 6.
The veteran lawmaker said he received a call from a person who introduced himself as Cantanduanes lone district Rep. Eulogio Rodriguez. “Rodriguez”, he said, asked from him a P10,000 donation to help organize a farmers’ convention.
Out of his desire to help out a fellow Bicolano and House member, Bordado forked out the P10,000 via GCash.
He then felt something was amiss when he received a text from an alleged House member from Biliran, who this time sought a P70,000 donation. The Camarines Sur solon ignored it.
On Tuesday, Bordado spoke to the real Rodriguez and confirmed that the latter never called him up to seek monetary assistance.
“So hopefully we can address this concern as soon as possible kasi papasok ang holiday season, nagsimula na tayo ng ‘ber’ months at lumabas na si Jose Mari Chan (the holiday season is here, the ‘ber’ months are here and Jose Mari Chan has come out).
“So kinakabahan kami na baka lalong grumabe ang sitwasyon at dapat yung mga concerned entities, agencies ay pumasok na dito (The concerned entities, agencies must step in since we’re worried that the situation might worsen),” Bordado said.
Are gov’t agencies doing enough vs smishing? Solon wants to know
Bordado’s call came amid widespread public complaints on prevalent spam texts and smishing.
- Actor Megan Hilty’s Pregnant Sister Presumed Dead After Plane Crash
- Barack Obama Appears In Ad Opposing California Recall, Supporting Gavin Newsom
- 'Obamacare' Sign
- Stephen Colbert Uses Barack Obama's Return To White House To Hail Pre
- Truss made first call to Zelensky, as if fanning war flame is top duty
- Obama Says Jury Did ‘The Right Thing’ In Convicting Derek Chauvin
- Presidents Obama, Bush, Clinton And Carter Promote COVID
- Eric Trump Disgusted Biden Traveled Home, But His Dad Golfed 19 Times At This Point In Office